Re: midi interface

Hello,
If I have a midi-interface, one of those externals, to which you can connect more than one device (synth, keyboard), how does this look to alsa? Does it only see one dvice with a lot of channels or does it see more devices? I think about getting one to use it with midish, which uses rawmidi devices and I wonder if it will work.

When I connect my Emagic AMT8 to the computer it sees the 1 device with 9 connectors, the actual plugs 1-8 and one broadcast which goes to all. Unfortunally it didnt see the Unitor which is daisychained to the AMT and normally add 8 more ins/outs. This scares me a bit, are there any ways around? Now that Apple ceased all the midihardware equipment, what are the options for multi- midichannel cards? Has Steinberg some hardware offers? Actually the behaviour of Apple drove me to Linux when they abandond SoundDiver and Emagic Hardware, I lost the trust into companys.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner