audio record/upload box

greetings,

got a peculiar problem for the list...

we're trying to set up a website to record and upload roughly hour long audio to for streaming. we'd be interested in any ready to go solutions if anyone can recommmend any but if we need to build our own we'd prefer to use linux.

what we'd need is a linux box with a really simple interface to start/stop recording, then maybe automatically trim silence off the end of the file and upload it to a web server in a format ready for streaming.

any advice on ways to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

what we'd most likely do is have a web-interface for some perl scripts which would then control some command line apps like ecasound.

any advice greatly appreciated,
rene.