Re: I need a better video card for the AMD64 machine

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

It sounds to me like the monitor is on the edge of losing synch, but it
is hard to say without actually looking at the screen. You may want to
try different (probably vertical) scan rates in the xorg configuration
file (it could also be the bit clock for the video - but changing that
requires a custom modline in the xorg file...)

Ave Fernando !

I have another monitor here, the same problem occurred when I switched monitors. I bought a new PNY card today, a GeForce 7300 PCIe with 256 MB RAM. The problem is gone, video is nicer now. :)

Best,

dp