Re: MOre realtime!

J M Needham wrote:
Hi all,

So I've just installed Ubuntu 6.09, and followed the instructions on
http://fort2.xdas.com/~kor/oss2jack/install.html to install the
realtime-lsm module and I've added
@audio - rtprio 80
@audio - memlock 500000

to /etc/security/limits.conf and set the realtime mode on Jack. Seems ok,
the only thing is that I can't get below 5.8 ms latency. Jack's behaving
nicely with very few xruns, but won't do any better. The output of the
messages with 32 frames for capture, for example, is:

One quick tip:

I just recently installed 6.10 (wich I guess you are referring to..?), and discovered a hackish-but-working method of getting RT in Ubuntu: Install the 64studio multimedia-kernel package. Works great here, I now got a rock steady 2.9ms on an el crap'o laptop soundcard, running with Beryl and Emerald! Didn't need to edit limits.conf.

Now beat that, Windows...

More here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=313612&highlight=realtime+kernel

You won't get all modules etc from the ubuntu kernel, so if you need any of those that might require some more hacking.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org