Re: usb2200a

st wrote:
This device may be convenient, but I don't like the idea of one piece
of equipment acting as the mic, the preamp and the ADC all at once.

Well first: I just brought it home and it works flawlessly with linux. Secondly, it's actually a regular 2200a with an added usb sound card. For admittedly better audio quality you can simply not connect the usb and use it together with any preamp/adc combo.

For now it's a big step up in quality for me and a convenient, all-in-one solution that'll exactly let me upgrade the weaker parts of the chain later...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk