Re: Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

On 12/14/06, Stephen Cameron <smcameron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I ran into a similar problem once, the symptom appeared to
incriminate glibc at first blush, but turned out to be flac
library.

here's what I recorded about it:

Jun 13, 2006 Figured out why xmms was dying with glibc detecting
"double free or corruption:" It's because of a bug in the flac lib.
Not wanting to waste time getting a new flac (I haven't at the moment
got a need for FLAC) I straced xmms and found where it was loading
the lib (from /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libxmms-flac.*) moved those files
out of there and now xmms runs again.

As far as I remember, one version of the the xmms FLAC plugin was
buggy and crashed xmms. I haven't tested this for a while. I'll run
some tests tonight to see what I can find about this.

Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.