Re: Applications for Automated Audio Analysis

I am quite sure that PureData is the tool you are looking for!

Getting the amplitude value at certain moments and storing them to a table (storage in pd-speak) is a very easy thing.

Recording could also been done within Pd, in .wav format and then be encoded by a shell command such as oggenc.

I am not sure howto implement the image (.jpg) display right now, but it can't be too hard and is possible for sure (using the Pd-addon library Gem)

good luck, post again for more questions if you like!

lg,Peter