RE: Bristol segfaults when run on real-timekernelwhile works

Hi Glen,

I've found that using the -jack option with any other option while jack is running is what causes both './startBristol: line 188: [: too many arguments' and the program choosing port 0 by default. When running in the non-RT kernel, where Bristol works as expected, gives './startBristol: line 188: [: too many arguments' when jack is running and -jack with any other option is used, though selects the correct default port and works fine.

This may be an issue with the RT options? If jack is not running when you start bristol then the jack API will start it using the current user ID and permissions, and the bristol engine can connect to it. If the daemon is already running then you need sufficient privileges to connect, and you may have differences between the RT and non-RT systems. If the engine fails to connect then it will exit gracefully, and, in the release you have, if the brighton GUI fals to connect to bristol it exits rather ungracefully. This exit is now a little nicer, but the issue remains the failure of bristol to link to jack, I think.

What happens if you start bristol as root? I will look into the error message on line 188, I don't think it is the cause, just a syntax error in the wrapper script.

Regards,
Nick.