Re: Real-time kernel

I didn't mention but the rtirq script only makes sense on a
realtime-preempt enabled kernel (aka ingo's patch), and you also need
`chrt` and `pidof` system utilities around; and/or schedutils installed,
don't even know if this is the name of the providing package in debian.

I read that this patch has been adopted into the kernel.  The rest of
what you're saying... I don't think I have time, maybe I will try
later.  Thanks anyway.
At the risk of repeating myself, in the time that I've been just reading this thread (not to mention the time that you've been putting into trying the stuff mentioned) I could have downloaded 64Studio, set aside a 5-10 GB partition, installed it, and had a working system with all the real-time patched AMD64 music-enabled system that you can get. Yes, you've got to dual boot, I do it all the time. Ubuntu is my family system that we use for work and play, but when I want to do music I boot into 64Studio. It's simply a lot easier than trying to make a general purpose distro into a music enabled one.

Bill