Re: Real-time kernel

On 11/29/06, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree, yet if you want some more desktop-ability and even less work,
you can use ubuntu edgy eft plus this kernel:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=261821

yes, this is 32bit, but you can of course install the sources and
recompile (whithout the need to patch it yourself) plus: if you have a
deadline, you can run the 32bit Version after 1,5h of effort with about
2.8 ms latency and stable (as it works for me so far...)

2.8 what?!
So I understand Ubuntu is "based on" Debian.  Does that mean it's
similar enough to be easy for a Debian user?

good luck :-)

I need it at this point.
Currently planning to do all my music in Windows until the semester's over...