Re: Re: Software recommendation

Robert Jonsson wrote:
Hi guys,

<...>
I'd also say SEQ24 is your best run for your time. GTK, very lean, very
simplistic. Does what you want. One drawback: Sequence lengths cannot be
arbitrary, 1,2,4,8,16,32 or 64 bars. If this is a showstopper I would
recommend writing to the author (or starting a campaign for people to
write to the author) and ask for that.

The next closest bet would be Rosegarden, but that's a full-fledged KDE
App, which is why I stay away from it.

Another option is Jazz++, which is fairly good but doesn't get a lot of
press for some reason. It's cross-platform but fairly lightweight on linux.

Still, I'd love to see Seq24 implement arbitrary sequence lengths
myself... and it's such an exceptional program in how useful it is and
how simple it is at the same time.

It's that time of year again, I feel like trying to push the word about MusE some...

Any particular reason why you'd find MusE to be a bad solution for this? Being a MusE developer and long time user, I'm merely asking as to understand what other users lack in MusE that we might fix to make it better (apart from mediocre publicity...).
Hi Robert,
for me Muse is a very nice sequencer. I use both Muse and Rosegarden, alternately , since I like to follow the development of both.

I'm really looking forward to see the envelopes for automating effect paramenters.

Cheers,

c.
This questions is definately not just directed at Carlo.

Regards,
Robert

Carlo

--