Re: RE: Interview with EnergyXT Developer

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
I think it boils down to vst plugin developers not having much interest
in linux audio. Thats where the work needs to be done I think.

Well, for them to have interest, there has to be a viable market, and
currently there isn't--we are too small and too involved in the free as in
free speech concepts (please do not get me wrong, I am totally for this kind
of an approach, I am simply trying to depict the reasoning behind this
apparent lack of interest). Hence, the only way they will ever consider our
market is if we find someone who is:

1) sympathetic
2) willing to invest *little* time to recompile their work for Linux

And Linux people who will pay for it. If the Linux product is free, their customers may start to say. "Hmmm, why am I paying for the Windows version when I can use the Lunix version for free???"

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx