Re: Sub-harmonic generator? (LADSPA or VST)

Ico wrote:
How about an el-cheapo pitch-shifter with a lowpass filter?

I suppose I could do that, and sum it with the original wave.  I was
hoping for a single plugin solution though...

Paul Winkler wrote:
google knows everything: try Steve's "Audio Divider" plugin.
I haven't tried it.

I tried that one, and it does produce lower frequencies, but the
output reminds me of the old Atari systems.  It seems to just space
the clicks farther apart...

Also somewhere in a crufty corner of the internet, I have a CSound
orchestra that does this. Pretty simple algorithm, sounds pretty good
IIRC.  Not a plugin of course, but with CSound 5 and the -rtaudio=jack
command option, you might be able to use it.  google to the rescue
again...
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-audio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg09826.html

Hmm, I've never done anything with CSound before.  It looks a little
daunting to me, but it can't be all that hard.  Still, it's not quite
the plugin sort of thing I was looking for.

Maybe I'll try to rig something up in Om, with pitch-shifters and LP
filters summed to the original...

-TimH