Re: good capture and playback quality laptop sought!

Karsten Wiese wrote:

I#m looking for a good audio laptop.
Good means no capture nor playback noise and low latency under load.

I've got a 1990ish guitar amp with effect loop plugs here,
which I'd like to hook up to a linuxed laptop to apply effects.
I want to use the laptop's built in soundcard.

Candidates?

I don't have any specifics, but I'd look at Toshiba and Sony. My church uses a couple of Sony laptops for multimedia during services, and their sound quality seems very clean, even when run through the big sound system we use.

My Toshiba seems fine, too, but I've only run it into a small 50-watt RMS home stereo amp, so might not be hearing everything that comes out.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx