Re: Dave's Prelude

Folderol wrote:

I think anyone recording piano pieces is very brave! I know, from my
childhood piano lesson days, it is a particularly unforgiving
instrument - probably why it is so often used for teaching.

To any other keyboard users, if you want to find out exactly how bad
your timing is, or how weak the melody, change the voices to piano -
best have a stiff drink handy :/

Just to be precise: I don't play piano or any other musical keyboard. My MIDI pieces are composed note by individual note, i.e. in what used to be called step-time, using the Insert key on my QWERTY keyboard.

If the recording conveys the effect is of a more-or-less real player, it's due to the tempo and velocity work done after the note entry.

And as always, thank you for listening to my music. :)

Best,

dp