Re: [Music] Sea call (Julien Lociuro)

Hi all,
thanks for the replies.
The problem is, Thorsten, that I don't understand most of what you said.

The sound is best split into 3 parts: stick, snares, body.
Stick is a short burst for the sound the stick hitting the
makes. It's optional. Snares can be made from noise, but
it tends to be too smooth and static on its own.
Ringmodulated Saws can be used for a more metallic sound.
The body is for the low end, somewhat similar to a bassdrum
and can be made from sines.

Could you explain the above more simply?

A clipped envelope with a short plateau before decay might
help with the punch.

And this?

Excuse me, but I'm pretty new in computer music, and still not used
with this terminology.

Bye.

--
Julien Lociuro.