Re: Re: [ANN] Snd-ls V0.9.7.12 and jack_capture V0.3.9

david:

I suspect they're all due to the missing jack-devel and libsndfile-devel
packages. Neither of them seem to be in my repository (ftp.de.debian.org).

make install
/usr/local/bin/jack_capture -h
Not even going to try those yet.

I built jack_capture on my Debian Sid box with no problems.  I have
these installed:

libjack0.100.0-dev
libsndfile1-dev

Well, so far, all jack_capture tells me is "No valid ports found." JACK
is running, Rosegarden is playing something via fluidsynth (my Toshiba
laptop's chipset doesn't include MIDI hardware).

Did you mean "No valid ports selected"?

In case, you only need to write "jack_capture", and thats it, the --port argument is not necessary. Please also write why you felt the need to use the --port argument, I probably have to change the documentation.

In case not, please post the complete output from the terminal, including the command you used to start jack_capture.