Re: jack: "unlock memory" and "soft mode"

Lars Luthman wrote:

so the kernel can swap
it to disk if it wants.

I never run out of ram. In a realtime situation I think this would generally be a thing to really, really try to avoid. So "unlock memory" is doing anything the moment I used all my ram and the kernel starts to swap to disc?

What it says. Probably useful when you are playing live or care more
about keeping all your synths connected than about keeping the xruns at
a minimum (by kicking badly behaved clients from the graph).

Would that be like a zynaddsubfx being zombified because it takes too long to save patches? :-)

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk