Re: Midi Woes

Chip VanDan wrote:
Okay, I know this question comes up way too often, but I've been
struggling with this for years and for some reason have never been
able to accomplish this, let alone grasp it.

snip.

- There are some basic testing programs that are included with the alsa-tools package. ex aseqview

- You could also have a look at Takashi Iwai's homepage for more info on how to use them

http://www.alsa-project.org/~iwai/alsa.html

- IIUC you need to enable serial port support in the kernel or as a module for the old cables.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

"Anything your mind can see you can manifest physically, then it will become reality" - Macka B