Re: Vocals

Atte André Jensen wrote:
Dave Phillips wrote:

One possibility is an analysis/resynthesis method, maybe LPC or phase vocoder. Extract the spectral envelope from one voice and apply it to another (aka the talking orchestra effect). You can that with Ceres.

Good suggestion if he wanted to sound like a certain person. Unfortunately as far as I understand it he want's to *not* sound like a certain person.

Try adding barriers to the analog pathway like a mute for a trumpet or a loudspeaker. Sing in a small room or a tin hut. Sing from a distance into the mic. EQ out certain frequencies. Add a little reverb apply a tiny bit of flange or filter maybe a bit of distortion. You'll end up sounding like Tricky with a bad cold in no time :-)

Britney uses Auto-Tune for all her tracks. We don't have that tool for Linux yet so make like Bowie and create your own FX setup.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

"Anything your mind can see you can manifest physically, then it will become reality" - Macka B