Re: Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

On 10/25/06, Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
for our kids, it didn't too many shared homework assignments in which
they found that their lab partners couldn't share .doc files written on
different windows or mac machines (even ignoring linux) before this
lesson was easily learnt, with very little input from me.

I wanted to add a hearty "amen" to this.  I've had a really tough time
moving people to Linux at work, mostly b/c, as they say, MS Office is
compatible with itself, therefore we should stay on a platform that
supports that (Windows).  That argument is absolute bullshit,
evidenced by the number of help desk calls I get per week of people
complaining about Office not playing nice with itself.

Now back to your regularly scheduled printing thread... :)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com