Re: Re: Fractal Music for Linux

Carlo Capocasa wrote:
Seems to me that fractals are complex by nature.  If you want a tool
that will realy let you generate music with math equations, that will
probably be complex too.

Disagree on that one. Evidence in my favor is XaoS, or the Gimp fractal
browser.

I'm looking for the same thing. I resorted to prayer.

Hmm, here's some links that I found:

http://lac.zkm.de/2005/papers/georg_boenn.pdf
http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/publications/DEA-2003-RubenHinojosa.pdf
http://sound.condorow.net/swss.html
http://members.tripod.com/~paulwhalley/ (Windows app)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithmic_music
http://www.synthzone.com/compgen.htm
http://www.nosuch.com/tjt/tunetoys.html
http://music.columbia.edu/cmc/courses/g6610/fall2003/week3/index.html

I used to have a DOS program here called (I think) Fractal-To-Midi (FTM) that did a good job of turning images into MIDI event lists. The demo files that came with it were nice. I could never find software that could take the output of the program and turn it into real MIDI files for use in anything else, though.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx