Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

> On Wednesday 25 October 2006 11:42, Drucer Ninetynine was like:
>> It has been thrilling to watch how Linux audio
>> software has matured, but I have always felt I'm not
>> completely happy with any of the current X.org Window
>> Managers.
>>
>> Somehow I've built an image that E17 might be what
>> I've been looking for. I don't know why, but it feels
>> like it could be perfect choice for Linux audio
>> workstation. Future will tell if my instincts are
>> right or wrong.
>
> I'm still waiting to try E17. Isn't Enlightenment equally resource hungry
> as KDE? Personally I prefer the minimalism and nice looks of Openbox for
> music making. Frankly, these days WM choice is really about personal
> style, if you're running a machine which is properly set up and powerful
> enough to run most music software, then it shouldn't make that much
> difference what WM you use.

that's one of the great things about the massive variety for me - I can
run gnome for every day stuff and switch to fluxbox for super minimal when
I want to perform, or concentrate on making things without distraction.

in that sense - it is important in an indirect way to making music, as why
should the same interface you'd use for office tasks work as well for
music making?

cheers,

dave