Re: flash 9 beta

Paul Winkler wrote:
On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 08:00:27PM +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:
hi,
that was right, i had python as a symlink to python2.3, so i removed and put the link to python2.4.

Careful. If you're using a distro that still uses 2.3 by default, I'd
play it safe and leave that symlink alone.  Lots of distros use python
for various administrative tools. You could have problems like:
some administrative gadget provided by your distro uses some optional
package which you have installed for 2.3 but not 2.4, so you've just
broken said gadget.
In other words: don't do stuff like that unless you really know what
you're doing :)

(why distros still use 2.3 by default is beyond me...  2.4 is two years
old already and 2.5 just came out.)
ok, was not thinking so far, but the hint you told me about the .bashrc i did not got running:

>If that works, wrap it up as a shell alias for convenience,
>e.g. in .bashrc:

>alias youtube-dl="/usr/bin/python2.4 /path/to/youtube-dl"

i putted the last line at the end of my .bashrc , exited x and logged out, than login again, but youtube-dl was complaining again the same thing.
can you explain wath you think with that?

cheers,
doc