Re: Smack and Seq24

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 11:45:34AM +0200, Dubphil wrote:
Hello,

I currently use hydrogen for my drums, but for now, it is not 100% stable
with ecasound and Jack transport when it stops playing. And actually, it
stop Seq24 when I want to load another h2song; this is detrimental for me.

Did you file a feature request for loading without stopping transport?
It might be difficult ... but if nobody even asks ...
I'm lurking on Smack, but it needs OM to work as I have read, does it work
with Seq24 only ? if not, does something similar to Smack exists that
would not have any sequencer inside and should be sequenced with seq24 ?
Something very light and stable should be ok.

Smack is a collection of patches for Om, so it can't work without it.
I'm not aware of anything similar to either Hydrogen or Smack.

you can run smack with gneutronica: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gneutronica without starting om, but dont know if you can compile smack without compiling om?

cheers,
doc