Re: .asoundrc for dummies

Mathias Friman wrote:

The first line in what I've written so far about the .asoundrc is (translated):
"You generally do not need a /etc/asound.conf or .asoundrc file to get things
working correctly." So, that advice is already given, as I took it from the alsa-wiki.

There are plenty of resources doing fairly advanced things with .asoundrc on
several sites around the web, but nothing that bridges the leap between utter
ignorance and .. well, whatever you guys call yourselves. ;)

But anyway, thanks for the answer, I'll just have to dig in and grow a beard. :)

Perhaps contacts with the ALSA developers would be helpful?

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx