Re: Fractal Music for Linux

I have no specific plans as of yet, I have a tendency to play around
until I find useful function.  That's part of the reason I have taken
so long to get to ardour.  I imagine some fractal music would sound
interesting with some of my synth patches, but I don't have any
specific plans for it.  I still don't know how to pipe a midi file
into the synth, I've just been playing with vkeybd.

On 19/10/06, Brian Dunn <job17and9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chip VanDan wrote:
> I don't want to get too complex with things, I'm just figuring out
> Hydrogen and amSynth.  Working on figuring out Ardour.

Seems to me that fractals are complex by nature.  If you want a tool
that will realy let you generate music with math equations, that will
probably be complex too.

Are you interested in creating like, midi sequences with fractals and
then piping them into synths, or more directly creating sound from the
fractals?  Those packages your figuring out will be useful for the
former, but not for the latter.  Of course, no matter where you get your
signals from you'll probably want to polish them off with ardour.