Re: flash 9 beta

Lee Revell wrote:
On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 10:13 -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
Lee Revell wrote:
On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 11:45 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
finally!
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/
seems to work here with firefox 1.5.0.7.

*much* better sound synchronization - i can finally watch stuff on
youtube without screaming in frustration.

ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  On my 600Mhz machine (which plays big divx
DVD and HDTV rips perfectly in full screen mode)
Really? you have a 600MHz and it plays HD ok?

Yep.  Sometimes I have to pass -framedrop to mplayer, but most stuff
just works, and the frame dropping is never noticeable or annoying.

What are the files? Do you have a XvMC board that assists?

No hardware acceleration.  The last HD file I played was a Sopranos
episode I think.  Actually, some HD files don't play (like the Spike Lee
Katrina documentary) but it's very rare.  It's just Flash video that
usually doesn't work.  The standard 'DVD compressed to fit on 2 CDs'
plays *perfectly*.

I tried Google video and it's slightly better than YouTube (I got 5-6
FPS with the Diet Coke & Mentos video).  So the Youtube player might be
the problem.

Better than previous versions for sure, but still nowhere near as good
as an embedded .wmv/.mpg/.avi.

Lee

but why sometimes i am able to run flash and the sound output goes to jack, than i am even able to record this with b.e. jack_capture, and sometimes, like at YouTube, i have to stop jackd to get some sound out of the flashpalyer?

cheers,
doc