Re: Re: ot-ish : trackballs

Frank Barknecht wrote:
Hallo,
david hat gesagt: // david wrote:

Frank Barknecht wrote:
Cool. However there I can also use a mouse. What about the small
"seat-tables", which are already filled when a laptop rests on them.
Can you use a trackball for example resting on your legs?
Yes.

And does it feel comfortable enough to you?

I've used it for many years, but not resting on my legs. I know it would work, but can't tell you how comfortable it might be, especially for extended use.

Mine's a Trackman Marble Plus, it took me a few days for my thumb to get used to doing so much.

I've used other trackballs. The larger ones are much better for fine control. But for really fine control, I prefer graphics tablets.

I have a friend who loves touchpads so much that he's even bought keyboards with builtin touchpads. He gets good control by rolling his fingertip on the pad, rather than dragging. I've tried touchpads and don't particularly like them.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx