Re: Distros these days? What a mess!

The Other schrieb:
On Saturday 23 September 2006 2:06 pm, iainduncan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Can anyone tell if sharing the home partition and swap partition is
a good plan? I'm thinking seperate boots, seperate /s, and shared
swap and home.

If you have the courage to try sharing /home partitions, let me know how it works for you. I might give it a try.

Due to the problems with those distributions, I usually have 3 or 4 different systems on my machine. They all share one swap-partition, but the /home partitions are separated. These contain only the dotted directories and files, however, and links to directories on a separate data partition, where all my user files reside. That way I avoid problems with the applications and have my data at hand in every system.

Regards,

Klaus