Solved: flash movie buffering problems

Hi,

Yesterday while I was researching how to get flash movies to load very quickly I came across some detailed explanations of the buffer problem that so many people get when watching flash movies.

Apparently it is widely known that streaming from a server where the movie has to be fully cached in local memory while downloading causes buffering problems in movies over 2 minutes long.

The official Macromedia solution is to use their closed source streaming server which allows much greater flexibility and control of the stream while also preventing the file from being cached in local memory so it is harder to rip or copy.

This leaves me with the question: Is the buffering problem for movies > 2 min a design flaw or feature?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

"Anything your mind can see you can manifest physically, then it will become reality" - Macka B