Re: Command line tool for sending SysEx to a syhtn?

Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've seen SysExxer and it looks very nice. Unfortunately it's not
packaged for Debian and as I'm a Gnome user I feel a bit boring
installing KDE libs for compiling.

You can try Simple Sysexxer which "only" requires Qt4 (not Qt3) instead of KDE:
http://christeck.de
I'm not sure if Debian offers a Qt4 package and if you can install it besides
Qt3.

Is there any straightforward command line tool for sending SysEx to my
synth?

amidi is easy to use. Disadvantage: You need to disconnect the desired port from
any other port in aconnect before you can read/write via amidi.

If the answer is *no* then I'll go for SysExxer.

Sysexxer is unmaintained and its ALSA support wasn't finished (it still needs an OSS device to work properly). I'd like to recommend Simple Sysexxer for unknown
reason :) .

Cheers,

ce