Re: Where to do a computer music related PhD

On 9/20/06, james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep, 2006 at 03:37PM +1000, Loki Davison spake thus:
> I'm currently searching for somewhere to do a computer music related
> PhD (Doctorate) and i'm wondering if anyone on LAU has any ideas or
> useful contacts. I have a few different ideas for a topic and i'm open
> to working on an already existing topic as well as my own. I'm
> especially interested in human computer interaction in computer music.
> I just got a letter back from the aussie uni I applied for saying they
> arn't taking any new PhD students for 2007... so on the search again.
> :)

Are you looking outside of Oz?  And, are you looking to pay for the
privilege or to be paid?

Any country is fine. I'd prefer to be payed for the privilege or if
there is some associated tutoring/prac demonstration that can cover
cost and provide a living allowance. :) I speak English and German
well and i've studied Hungarian and Russian at uni but I'm not very
good at either. I like learning new languages so i'm fine living
somewhere non-english speaking.

Loki