Re: Ok, what about non firewire mobile cards?

Ack, I guess it's premature for firewire mobile audio on a dual boot mactel. I really like the specs on the MOTU and RME firewire cards but don't want to wait an unknown length of time for drivers... =(

Jonathan Woithe has been working for a while to intergrate support for the MOTU Travaler into freebob. His reports suggest that he is not far away to get it stable working. This work will be part of the freebob release 2.x. But of course we have to release 1.x which is on hold until the next jack release...

Thanks. I picked up a Presonus Firepod instead, and actually it's better for my purposes anyway ( especially for the price ). I didn't really need all the bells and whistles on the MOTU and the 8 channels/8 preamps/8 knobs on the front is pretty nice.

Will be trying it out with linux soon!
Iain