Re: Choosing a pro mobile firewire card

On 9/17/06, Iain Duncan <iainduncan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just got a new mac powerbook ( bought mac for business reasons, need
to be able to run OSX ) and am looking forward to putting a dual boot on
there, though I realize that won't yet be trivial.

I'm wondering what the best options are for a pro mobile all-in-one
firewire interface. Are there good drivers yet for any of them? MOTU is
totally un-linux friendly, correct?

Any feedback on RME's Fireface cards or other options?

Thanks
Iain

Does it have pcmcia/cardbus slots? Then any of the cardbus solutions
are the way to go.

Loki