Re: Musix GNU/Linux 0.59 released

Hi,

This looks absolutely fantastic! I really like this project lot!!

I second that. Musix is good quality stuff, obviously done with a lot of love for the project. And they currently seem to make quite some progress in releasing new versions.

fails to come up on my fairly ordinary laptop

Have you tried both the realtime and normal kernel variants? (I.e., enter "englishrt" vs. "english" at the boot prompt?)

I am in the completely opposite situation: for an old broken laptop of mine, which no longer has a harddisk, Musix is the ONLY Linux-live distribution among all I know (music-oriented and any others) which makes a 2.6-kernel start. It doesn't work with the normal kernel, but runs perfectly with the realtime-kernel, tested with 0.49, 0.50 and 0.59.

I hope they plan to include SuperCollider soon!

Jens

Ketil Thorgersen schrieb:
This looks absolutely fantastic! I really like this project lot!! However for some strange reason both this (0.59) and the previous iso fails to come up on my fairly ordinary laptop with an intel i810 graphics card. This has been coming up fine on every distribution I have tried so why does it not work with musix? Your desktop is really the best out there so I would like to be able to use it!

What's up with your forums by the way?
Best regards
Ketil