Re: Very short composition

Tim Howard wrote:

Here is my first ever piece of Pure Linux Audio to be released to the
general public.... [snip]

Please give me some feedback!  I would love to learn ways to produce
better music with these programs.

Hi Tim:

I listened to your piece a few times, here's some ideas you might want to consider.

I think you're on the right track with regards to layering your instruments. However, you should take more time balancing the separate tracks. Right now the instruments aren't blending so well. The guitar is a little too far up front, and your other instruments need more attention to their relationship with the guitar part. I realize that you're excited by the possibilities opened up by this great software we have, but perhaps you should take more time with the details of your mix. Edits and retakes are parts of the creative process, you'll find and do new things as you go over your work with the proverbial fine-tooth comb.

Keep it up, send more stuff. :)

Best regards,

dp