Re: FreeBob with Roland FA-101 on Ubuntu

Carlo Capocasa wrote:
Hi,

I sort of got my Edirol FA-101 running on Ubuntu 6.06 with a custom
kernel as discribed on UbuntuStudio.com.

I compiled libraw1394, libiieclibraw1394, libiiec61883, libfreebob and
jack from subversion. Now I can access my card; however, on starting
jack with the -R switch, the system hangs. Also, in QJackCtl, there is
no entry for the freebob backed, which forces me to do connections from
the console. Additionally, I need to sudo jack for it to recognize the
device.
1) Hang:
Don't compile the kernel with realtime preemption but with desktop preemption and the hang will go away. It's a bug in the RT patch.

2) QJackCtl:
start qjackctl after starting jackd with the freebob backend on the command line
or
use qjackctl from it's cvs as it has support for freebob built in.

Greets,

Pieter