Re: High sample rate cards

2006/8/26, BJaY <bruceslists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:> It's a psychoacoustics exercise - trying to generate a new musical> experience by combining 'normal' audio with ultrasonics - in a live setting.> All the D/A cards I've looked at seem to go well into the MHz range (though> I'm confused by the units they use 10MS/s=10Mhz ?), and cost hundereds of> pounds.
The big S stands for samples, so 10MS/s in the scientific world means10MHz sampling rate in the audio world. But this high-rate AD/DA-unitsaren't necessarily operating with data streams. The 4GS/s digitizershere at work only produce chunks of data and there is quite some timeneeded to fetch this data over PCI into the PC. So it isn't reallyusable for audio or audio-like experiments...
Arnold
-- visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/---Wenn man mit Raubkopien Bands wie Brosis oder Britney Spears wirklichverhindern könnte, würde ich mir noch heute einen Stapel Brenner undeinen Sack Rohlinge kaufen.