Re: 64-bit AMD dual core mobo recommendations ?

Le 18 Aug à 11:58, Michael Pacey ecrivait:

> Do you use the pro-audio overlay? I was, with rt-sources 2.6.16-29rt I
> think, and had very regular lockups, just starting rosegarden for
> instance, and zynaddsubfx falling over after playing a few notes.

        I use the pro-audio overlay only for some apps, then I inactivate
it in the make.conf file and I use the package.provided file for these
softs not to be seen when upgrading normally the rest of the softs. I use the
stable branch of gentoo and ~x86 in the package.keywords file, and I avoid
as much as I can using cvs versions. Also, I haven't had any problem of
stability, especially with Zyn.
        For the kernel, I use a vanilla one, from kernel.org, that I patch
myself (Ingo Molnar's patch, and only this one).
        IMHO, the problems you encounter seems to have nothing to do with
the Tyan motherboard...
        Cheers,

Y.