Re: so.... u wish to hear something completely horrible

Ron,

I haven't heard it but,

====================
if (it was mixed live on tX)
then it is a DJ mix which can be considered in certain circumstances, an original work;

On top of that(until it makes money or gets significant international exposure and airplay){
	the labels who own the original tracks won't even know it exists;
=====================

the liklihood of that happening around here is slim to non existant.

So, If you are going to complain every time a DJ makes a remix then you better stock up on coffee and get your toothpicks out to keep your eyes open as you type ;P

Oh, Did I mention :-P

R Parker wrote:

--- Andrew Lewis <alewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's a mash-up of other artists stuff, so it can be
considered non-free/probably copyright infringement

You think?

 - if you
are the artist or their representation, please don't sue!

I have great appreciation for the licensing of the
software we use and the respect people pay to those
terms.

When you flagarantly violate expressed rights and then
fly it in my face, I have to tell you to cease these
activities. If nothing else, this demand disassociates
me from you and your act of copyright violation.

I'm using TerminatorX to make some mixes of my
original material too (which I'm sorry to say at this point - was made mostly with 'that other OS', but my Linux stuff is coming along).

I look forward to hearing your original music.

Ron

 I'm very interested in
GDAM but at this point, haven't managed to get it to make noise yet. ;( Also interested in using TerminatorX to make original compositions.

Yesterday was women's day in South Africa, thus the
night before was 'Ladies Nite'???

Artists I should credit (those of which I can
remember in any case):

part1: Kevin Blechdom, Minibosses, Dev/Null,
Xanopticon, Maldoror
part2: Radiohead, Gold Chains & Sue Cie, Nirvana,
Vladislav Delay, Some bollywood music I forget :\

Completely unrelated to linux music or this post but
plz checkout this very xcellent artist:
http://computertruck.parishq.net/
And this great artist who introduced me to him:
http://www.goto80.com

That will be all,
Andrew