Re: Bass V-amp vs V-amp

On 8/10/06, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wondered if I such a  DI box would make sense in my recording setup :
bass ---> mixing console ---> soundcard

How useful would it be to insert a DI  ?
bass ---> DI --> mixing console ---> soundcard

A guitarist friend of mine has tried to convince me so, but I did not
exactly grasp the whole argument ... I would have thought that the
console already serves as a preamp, but I may miss some point ?

Thanks for advice.

It should sound better using a DI since it will match the impedance.
What type of input are you using on the mixing console?

Borrow your friend's DI to hear the difference for yourself.