Re: Re: Two soundcards with JACK

M P Smoak wrote:

On Saturday 05 August 2006 07:48, torbenh@xxxxxx wrote:
I did search on google for jack-diplomat, I ask here since I did
not find anything useful except for a German wikipage with a dead
link.
Apparently can be found at:
  http://spark.woaf.net/jack_diplomat-0.70.tar.bz2
(found link here:
http://www.archivesat.com/JACK_developers/thread771821.htm)

-- Fernando

Is using one instance of jackd implying jack everything must be
synced? If that is the case is using several instances of jack
probably better even if there is some way around it syncing with
jacknet.

Is jacknet netjack?
yes. and the program name is alsa_out or alsa_in
if you are not satisfied with the latency of alsa_[in|out] then
get back at me, and i explain, how to improve the latency.

alsa_[in|out] are the best solutions currently available to your
problem.

we are talking sub ms here.

Is there a man page or other documentation that explains for a linux novice how to use the programs? Also is there project page? If I've missed it, I'm sorry; been too busy lately ...

Netjack i among others witten by Torben Hohn and has a perfectly fine project page: *netjack*.sourceforge.net
jack-diplomat is not the same program as far as I understand.

Johan