Re: Music: Ringheims Auto - "Kanskje No"

james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul, 2006 at 09:58PM +0200, Johannes Mario Ringheim spake thus:
New tune made with GNU/Linux ready for download:
http://ringheimsauto.friwebteknologi.org/index_en.html#kanskjeno

I used lots of stuff on this one, AMS, Seq24, Ardour, Hydrogen and lots of LADSPA plugins.

Comments are welcome...

Wow!  I love this, I really do.

Thanks!

The "woo" vocal - is that actually a voice?

Indeed. She used to live across the hall, so I was lucky to get her to record a couple of tracks. It was all improvised, and I picked out the pieces I needed afterwards. But for the most it's sung the way you hear it, no autotune and no nasty tricks...

How did you achieve the scratches?  Were they put into the samples?
Added to the individual tracks before final mix?

Not sure what you mean by "put into the samples". I recorded them with Ardour, as with any track. One of the longer jazz-samples is ended with an echo scratch (2:38).

For me, this is the new poster-boy for Free music and Free music
software.

Hehe! Anytime ;)
I guess the girl who's singing would be nicer for the poster, though...

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.friwebteknologi.org