problem with new machine

Greetings:

Well, the hardware has been assembled, but I have a show-stopper of a problem. When I try to start the machine I get a flash from the cool blue lights on my Antec case, the CPU fan does a little jig, then nothing. :(

So how do I go about diagnosing this thing ? All possible connections have been made between the case, the power supply, and the mobo. I've scoured the manuals for those pieces, I can't see that I've missed connecting anything.

 Here's the main machine parts:

   MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard
   AMD64 CPU
   Antec Sonata II case with power supply
   1 GB RAM in slot 1
   Seagate Barracuda drive
   Lite-on DVD/CD RW drive

Any and all suggestions are welcome. I'd like to get this iron running myself, the bench fees at the local shops are outrageous.

Best,

dp