Re: Histogram

Markus Herhoffer wrote:
Well, I've written frequency distribution but I meant level
distribution. So I think "histogram" is the right term.

There is a command-line program called VU at:

http://tobiah.org.

It is character based, but you can adjust the
resolution up to sample level if you want.  I
used it once in a class where we were supposed
to analyze the level of a piece of music over
time by watching the VU meter on the tape recorder
and trying to match it up to a graph with a stop watch. This was in like 1990. I wowed
the class by showing up with a huge dot matrix
greenbar graph of the piece.

Toby