Re: AMD64 question: update

Mark Knecht wrote:

I have no problem with this recommendation from Thomas. I've not used
eSATA ut I expect it' performance it pretty good. I know nothing about
the implementation team for that technology. There doesn't seem to be
much happening with 1394 development these days. I use it because I
have the drives and have industry experience, not because it's the
best technology. Do some searching around on your own and figure out
what works for you. An internal drive is goig to be the least painful
from a Linux POV. If you have no need to move your sessions around to
different locations then I wouldn't bother with any external drive
based on my personal Linux experience.

Many thanks to everyone again, I'm learning more than I bargained for. ;)

The mobo does have a 1394 connector, but there's no need at this time to consider an external drive, I'm okay with the standard internal installation.

Now I return to meditating upon the installation distro of choice...

Chantingly,

dp