Quiet case - P180B

I just bought an Antec P180B case. Very nicely put together. Much
quieter than before, although some fan noise still escapes from the top
and back vents. I covered the top vent with the breakout box from the
EWS88MT. That works quite well.

It's big, and heavy. Not the kind of thing you want to be taking to a
gig. I can still hear the hard drives when they're working, but just
barely. The noisiest component in there was the chipset fan, which I've
unplugged - motherboard temp is sitting at 34 C so it's a cool case as
well. Now it's the CPU fan, the servers-in-progress in the room next
door, the Alesis monitor amp which does the 50Hz Tango, and the ringing
in my ears. Hmm. Maybe some good earplugs will fix that :-|

My keyboard sounds more clackety than before as well. Which is good, I
guess.

I still think the fanless Zalman TNN cases are the ultimate (from the
website Note : TNN500A's noise level is below 20dB and cannot be
measured. The anechoic room used by ZALMAN has an ambient noise level of
20dB. ). But waaaay expensive.

bye
John