Re: RME Multiface

On 7/14/06, Esben Stien <b0ef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This device requires exclusive access and if you're a die hard JACK
user, you'll have problems. This means that you cannot use ALSA/OSS
while you're using JACK; which is of course all the time. The support
for JACK in ALSA, gstreamer, portaudio, etc, is not satisfactory.

ALSA is apparently not advanced enough to handle this device, so
that's also a bugger, meaning you have to use a GUI only mixer. It is
to some degree possible to control it with alsa commands, but not
satisfactory.

Aha, I have a lot useful to write when I'll buy my Multiface II
(September, I hope) :)
Good, joss will not be alone.

Dmitry.

P.S. if you are interested, http://www.konstruktiv.org/joss/