Re: Re: Gneutronica-0.33 release

all right, thanks for your help guys, the last suggestion sounds for me mostly interesting, since i dont have any hw-synth here, so i got finaly smack making sound now, for the fisrst time.
in the moment, there are sn808 and sn 909 running, triggerd by gneutronica.

i ll experiment with this now for longer and make some more comments, thanks a lot for the support and cheers,
doc

ps. i think it is not very easy to handle with, but enormous sound!

Loki Davison wrote:

On 7/4/06, Stephen Cameron <smcameron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Dragan Noveski <perodog@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> ok, thank stephen, downloading and compiling works good now,
> but when i start from xterm "gneutronica", i get th eprog started, but
> there are no audio outputs on it (and also only midi outputs), so
> arranging the instrument seems to be easy, but playing the loop, no
sound?!
> is there another way to start?
> what am i doing wrong?

Nothing, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Gneutronica is strictly MIDI, there is no audio output.  If you want
host-based audio, you need to run a MIDI controllable softsynth, (e.g
fluidsynth is one I've messed around with successfully) and find some
percussion sound fonts, and drive the softsynth with gneutronica.

Or, load some soundfonts into your soundcard, and drive that
via MIDI.  You will want to make a drumkit file, if the soundfont
doesn't conform to GM (General MIDI) drum mappings.

You might also be able to drive a certain drum synth....
http://smack.berlios.de

;)

Loki